PanoCraft is a small 2-person setup, based in Singapore.
- Tim is a Web Engineer by training and has over 10 years experience with the web from Flash to HTML5. Tim's interest in photography came from the desire to have beautiful photos of his new-born twins in 2007. One thing led to another, and 360° panorama photography had become his passion.
- Yvonne has over 7 years of experience in Market Research. She was also (famously) at some point a "Singapore Girl" at Singapore Airlines. Providing outstanding customer service, handling relationships, and keeping content clear and understandable are her forte.
We use well maintained and high quality equipment as described below:
- Nikon D300S
- Nikon full frame Fish-eye lens 10.5mm f/2.8
- Benro tripod A500-EX
- Nodal Ninja III pano head
At panocraft, we are big proponents of open source software. That is reflected in the tools used to process and stitch the panoramas, as follow:
- rawtherapee: to process raw and tiff files in 16-bit depth
- enfuse: for first step in pseudo HDR processing
- pfstools: for true HDR and tonemapping
- imagemagick: for ... that's right... magic!
- hugin: for awesome image alignment and projection management
- enblend: for seamless stitching
- gimp: for final touch-ups (when necessary)
For publishing virtual tours, the best tool is unfortunately not open-source, but it is so good, and the support is so great, that it's worth every penny. krpano is a highly flexible panorama and virtual tour player, that can play your virtual tour in practically any device, from desktop browsers to smartphone, even iphone and ipads.